I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Monday 16 July 2012

My Beautiful Lie

I hide behind a lie forged by my hand
Before this chiseled frame,  
Beyond the perfect shell they will not see my deceit
Thrown acrimoniously at their feet
But they love the lie, the truth would only disappoint;
Disarray their shallow intentions
After all, my invention pleases them
So why not let them drink up the joy
That it possesses? It impresses their eyes
How the lies just continue to spiral to madness
But with gladness I let slip the snap of the treasure,
The feeling of pleasure ensnared in my hand
And the rushing deathblow it deals to their delusions
You see I am the master of such dark illusions
And my creature, my beauty, entices them in
With the slightest of nods, the subtlest grin
As the desperate begging keeps them pouring in
So I toy with their minds; their kind is so… fickle;
Just tickle the ego, caress their detestable best
To watch them so quickly impressed
And so willing to drop and undress
What a mess they are in their desperateness.
But still, I confess, I love that they’re mine
Ensnared in my propaganda made of flesh
At the will of my god, my Adonis, my shrine
The most perfect creation, sculpted divine
Sublime in its presence but mendaciously sly;
In essence, nothing more than an ugly actuality
Beneath such a beautiful lie.

Copyright © 2012 by Simon Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment