I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Tuesday 23 July 2013

This Golden Bay

Blow swiftly, wind,
From foggy shores beyond the waves.
Stand proudly, gate
Where beauty of the bay enclaves.
Sail slowly, ships
That pass the bastille withdrawing.
Sing softly, birds
When thanking summer's welcoming.

Sweep steeply, hills,
As lofty slopes buckle the rides.
Shine brightly, lights,
At night in vibrant city skies.
Cheer loudly, friends,
In places full of careless fun.
Watch peacefully,
Together, at the setting sun.

I left my life
On these shores, alien to me.
I left my soul
On piers above the turquoise sea.
I left my love
In random streets I had not walked.
I left my smile,
With people whom I had not talked.

I left my stress
Beyond that misty morning air.
I left my tears
With people that may never care.
I left all fears
In places that were far removed.
I left my hate
In battles that no longer moved.

I did not look
But found it all with little trials.
In city streets,
On wooden piers and prison isles.
A sense of one,
Belonging and affinity
With somewhere I
Had never expected to be.

I lost my cares
But did not seek them out, and then
I found my sense
Of wonder in the world again.
I lost my head,
But gladly now will let it stay,
To find my heart
Once more within this golden bay.

Copyright © 2013 by Simon Austin

Based on my adventures in San Francisco, July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment