I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Epiphany

Amazing how the tables turn when least you do expect it,
I thought I’d seen the last of all the pain you had inflicted,
I took a beating, took a fall, absorbing all your bullets,
And yet, reload your gun of lies you did; then I was wounded.
Down on my knees I prayed that you would grant me coup de grâce,
But still you did persist; your torture clearly had no par.

I crumbled at your feet and begged forgiveness in your presence,
Of course I’d done no wrong but insignificant in essence,
For I must be reminded of my place when I am with you,
I had to prove my worth; by far the lesser of the two,
Available at any time, just shout and I’ll be there,
Click your fingers, I’ll be gone, it’s not for you to care.

But there was only so much snapping, shouting I could handle,
You pushed me to the brink; you broke my heart, burnt out my candle,
I cried so many tears and yet your thirst was insatiable,
Your constant retribution became unstoppable,
It seems your punishment was dealt out best when multiplied,
The surface tried to harden as inside, I slowly died.

And as I lay there on the floor in shattered glass and tears,
A sudden word of strength was whispered softly in my ears,
I clawed myself up to my feet and met your glassy gaze,
And stared at you to try and solve your twisted little maze.
But then it hit me like a freight train screaming down the track,
For too long I had shown you love instead of show my back.

Well here it is, take a good look; the last you’ll ever see,
From now on I will show you a better version of me,
No longer broken, battered, bruised and weeping on the floor,
Not begging you to turn around as you head for the door,
Now I’m the one who turns to go, to leave you here to rot,
A heart as black and cold as yours will quickly set to clot.

But as a final fairwell there is one more thing to do,
Accept this middle finger and a well deserved ‘fuck you’.

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin

1 comment:

  1. “Epiphany isn’t just a name a black person gives their child.” - American Dad

    ReplyDelete