I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Realise Nothing Will Make Sense Before God

Whispers on the wind tell lies,
‘It is Truth’ they will say.  And you will believe them
As temples justify the malevolence, the whispers mature,
You think you understand at first, before you
Realise

But what is truth?  ‘The belief of Faith’ they will say
Fractured and scattered by the chaos of wars
Across the eons of time.  Blind and arrogant,
Spilling blood in the name of blood for the belief of
Nothing

Illuminated by the parting clouds, the bearers of truth
March forth unto the saturated lands
Of other truths. ‘You have Courage’ they will say
As the truth rains down, many more the enemies He
Will make

In dark shadows the ground is soft, disturbed;
Easy to fall through. They will say
‘Be in His light for Salvation’.  Belief, however
Will not substitute the thin sheath of ignorance for
Sense

However the lies in the undergrowth are thick.
And its roots run deep.  Fires will not scorch them
But fuel them.  ‘Bathe in His Love’ they will say, but
Eventually, you will burn in it.  This is the real truth
Before god.

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment