I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Saturday 30 April 2011

Am I the Fool?

Am I the fool?
Am I the joke?
When all around do warn and curse
When you so cruel
And open choke
Neglected love sent home by hearse

An empty void
Your heart, black tarred
That poisons all that come too close
Emotions toyed
And passions scarred
All suffer from your deadly dose

You care not who
You cause such pain
As long as short term urges pleased
And here I to
Do wait in vain
Unwilling, I am slowly seized

At first you stole
That which I longed
To take into my own embrace
As black as coal
Your heart prolonged
To capture that which I did chase

But boredom set
And want no more
The one you took away from me
And like a pet
Once cuteness thaws
You cast my one into the sea

Uncaringly
You change your tact
And see me as the challenge new
But yet I see
This selfish act
And cast a frozen shoulder to

I stand alone
My arm surpassed
As all around close friends applaud
A heart of stone
Yet set in glass
Shows but this stubborn heart, a fraud

There’s something there
I can’t avoid
These feelings stir inside of me
I do not dare
Jump in this void
For no escape here can I see

So back away
And let me go
There’s nothing more that we can do
What can I say?
All this you know
You go your way and I shall to.

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin 


No comments:

Post a Comment