I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Friday 22 April 2011

At Water's Edge

She played with sticks at water’s edge,
When the moon was young and bright.
Her sullen face and matted hair,
For none had ever seemed to care
And often cast her out of sight.

You’d find her here at summer’s heat
Or in the grasp of winters chill,
Her company, the river deep
In which she’d often stare and weep
And wish upon the waters, still.

A painful child, a lonely soul,
She’d wander down beyond the trees
And often thought of jumping in,
To join the river in its swim
And out to meet the roaring seas.

Then one day true, the river rose
And snatched the girl upon the bank,
Where, dragged her to river bed
There on her body creatures fed
And on her misery they drank.

But no one went to find the girl,
The world forgot her, time removed her,
And at the ageing of the moon,
The river dug her only tomb;
An effortless eraser.

So should you stumble on the place,
Where once the haunted girl did weep,
You hear her still on darker nights,
Her shadow cast in starry lights;
Forever wailing in the deep.

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment