I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Saturday 3 December 2011

The Titan

Too late, Titan lost
Touch the diamonds of the north
Fill her chest
Soak her lungs
See her drown to the ripening
Of stars
Body and soul deep in the water
Gliding softly at first
But the strength of the sea
Takes her slowly
Then quickly
As the mirror of night
Drags the willing
To die
And a sky
Full of sapphires
Gazes down on those left without hope
Hear them choke
On the crystals
Of god
The bed welcomes
She
Whilst above, hopelessly
Those that struggle to breathe
Do so slowly
Mournfully
The queen of the waves
Regretfully saves 
None
And bows her head
In acceptance
Regret at once
That a man
Who is full of the strength
To have all
Sent the irons of earth to the oceans
With but ignorance in tow
See the spirit of death
Rub his hands
Without passion
And pull in those lost
In a most desperate
Fashion.

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin 


No comments:

Post a Comment