I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas

A frozen dawn crackles into view
Cottoned concrete, new and flawless
Lays ready for the impression;
For the session to begin.
Footprints puncture the pristine powder
As the march of families reveal familiar paths

Soon enough, they gather around sparkling trees
Propped on their knees, thankful for the company
And grateful for those that can join them
This Christmas day.
Spiced apples dance in the soupy air
Fair smells of roasting foods entertains the senses
As the sharing commences amidst happy chatter
The clatter replaced by the rustling
Of silvery sheets, sparkling
Against the crackling firelight
A wonderful sight, adorned with smiles
As the paper shreds in chaotic joy
And piles up in quiet corners
Into marbled alloys

The merriment drifts across sleepy towns
As crystals, sparkled with champagne beads
Greet to the sounds of laughter and cheer
A feast of no equal is polished
The sequel of which will repeat for days
Whilst the haze of the wine
After much time turns words
Into the most mirthful of mischief.

Witness the wonder of this time spent together
In company of those that we love
And remembering those that are no longer with us
That were lost in the year soon to pass
But we’re thankful for the time we still have to share
Under the remembrance air of the past
To wish all that I love a magical day
And a very merry Christmas.

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin

1 comment:

  1. Lovely simon the last verse so true. Means so much to so many people, means so much to me. Thank you for your lovely poems and for sharing them with us this year. Love you so much son mumxxx

    ReplyDelete