I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Dante's Ball

Withered gowns flutter in the acrid air,
Hair, sculpted into cathedrals
Welcomes the thralls of worshippers
At the scorched gates.
The fates have brought them here,
And now amongst twisted rocks,
To the clocks of the demons trance,
They dance.

Tortured chiffon ignites to the tune
Of wailing sirens atop pylons of bone,
Here, beneath a dome of fire.
The earthly desires of the guests of honour
Are lost under a decoration of chains,
The pains of their passing endure
As they step to the molten floor
And sway to oblivions beat.

Arrivals from the bowels of eternity
Walk morbidly through
And swarm to the palace of pyre,
Where the thief and the liar clasp hands
And cavort through quartz chasms
Below immeasurable fathoms of flame.
But eternal the hustle, boundless the bustle
Amongst souls that shall never be reclaimed.

And all the while with the most insidious glee,
The hellion conducts his most malevolent symphony.
But still they will dance, lost in the trance
Of a dancer that knows nothing more
Than the dance.
And as the spectres shuffle in imperishable turn,
Here to burn to the songs of an evil, sublime,
Until the very death of time.

Copyright © 2012 by Simon Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment