I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Saturday 27 April 2013

My Descent


Spiralling down
Into the void,
That I unearthed. 
My nails, imbedded in the stone,
Do not slow my descent.
I repent, but it will not stop me;
I watch helplessly as the world
Disintegrates around me,
As blackness surrounds me
And those that love me,
Disappear above me.
I feel despair
Working its way through my skull,
Like a slow crack
Through weak glass,
It splits my eyes -
They flush red
And pour liquid misery into pools
That I long to drown in,
But falling is all I have left.
And as blackness surrounds me
And failure consumes me,
I acceptingly plummet
Into the abyss.

Copyright © 2013 by Simon Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment