I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

I've Moved!

Hello wayward traveler - I thank you for visiting my blog.

I have recently moved to Wordpress, so I'll be slowly phasing my 'Blogger' blog out. If you've enjoyed my work and would like to keep seeing it, please go to simonaustinpoetry.wordpress.com and you can continue following me and my poetry.

I look forward to seeing you there :)

Simon.

Saturday 5 February 2011

The Last Word...

Let’s stop and take a minute,
This isn’t what you want,
Why kid ourselves, why drag this out?
Why make this what it’s not about?
Why kick and scream and fight and shout?
It’s done let’s just move on

You say you want to love me,
You say it’s what you need,
But why should I just sit around,
And scrape my feet along the ground,
Leave you alone until you’ve found,
New hearts from which to feed

I show you that I love you,
I carve your name in flesh,
So in return you say you do,
But empty words these are, not true,
You say it’s not me, that it’s you,
You’ve made me such a mess.

You look at me, so fearful
And say I scare you so,
But it is I that suffers more,
I pour my heart out on the floor,
And scratch my face until it’s raw,
And yet you still let go.

What more could I have offered?
How much more blood to shed?
I gave my soul to you alone,
And etched our names in solid stone,
Placed you up high upon a throne,
Yet to you I am dead.

And now I see you leaving,
There’s nothing I can do,
You tore me up and left my mind,
Shattered, impossible to find,
A pleasant thought, a picture, kind,
It was not me... it’s you.

But I can play a trump card,
A hand you’ll never beat,
You think it’s easy to just leave,
And leave me here to sit a grieve,
What possibly could you achieve?
I’ll stay your wicked feet.

And no more will you torment,
Your path of pain will cease,
I will free you from your own cage,
In one almighty hand of rage,
And start anew, turn a fresh page...

Forever... be at peace...

Copyright © 2011 by Simon Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment